The organ was built by J.W. Walker in 1861 and has a specification
of two manuals and pedals; whilst the swell organ keyboard is of full
compass the soundboard is from tenor C upwards; an 8ft bass is cleverly
provided by borrowing the pipes of the pedal Bourdon (which has to be
drawn to make the 8ft bass function).
Our restoration remade
the original design of straight and concave pedalboard and original
pedal coupler action.
The casework has been repaired and repolished
with a spirit varnish type of finish matching the original finish.
The organ has three 1861 reed stops, all of Spotted Metal; the
tenor C Horn has nearly parallel open shallots and is a superb low pressure
chorus reed; the Hautboy and tiny scaled gamut g Clarinette are full
of colourful character.