Forster & Andrews built this organ in 1884 for a position close to where the organ now is but in the early twentieth century it was moved into the transept which was later further enclosed when the parish room extension was added.
The organ was never complete and our work was to resite the organ back in the main Trinity Chapel South Aisle of the church (so that a new kitchen could be provided where the organ was), to reconstruct it to be freestanding and to complete the many prepared for stops. The organ manuals are tracker action and this we have “floated” for the maintenance of the correct touch depth and stability of the couplers; the pedal action is now direct electric for the trombone and electro-pneumatic for the Bourdon rank and Open Wood. Of the pipework used for the prepared for stops the two Mixtures and Twelfth are completely new.
The Hohl flute is a genuine redundant Forster & Andrews triangular flute we had in stock, the Gamba (tenor C but now completed with the tenor octave of the Bourdon) ex stock along with the fine Trumpet and independent Trombone. This was a rare chance to create that which Forster & Andrews must have planned but never fulfilled. One joy was to be able to re-display the original stenciling on the tenor of the pedal wooden diapason not seen in our lifetime.