|St Andrew’s, Lammas, Norfolk|
This organ was originally built in 1845 for Scottow Church and was removed
to Scottow Hall some years later. In 1944 it was given by Col Shaw to
Lammas Church and re-erected there by Rothwell; since then it has been
twice renovated by us. On the recent work we have restored tracker action
wind to the bass pipes and restored the original Sesquialtra from middle
C by placing new in place of the non original Gamba.
It is interesting that in Scottow church one still finds the lowest note of this organ left behind when it was moved from there. This note is a large EEE or FFF of open wood scale still standing on its conveyance chest; at Lamas Rothwell placed 7 large wooden open diapason basses on a new pneumatic chest at the back of the organ fed by small tubes each into a plate over a large hole that is likely to match Scottow holes - all fed from a slide on the original FFF – BB soundboard that also carries the Principal and Fifteenth bass.
Our recent work has again directly conveyed these pipes to give them back the promptness of speech they need. The organ has FFF – F 61 note key compass and FFF – C 18 note pedal compass – making playing interesting.