|St. John at Hampstead, London|
The work was one of restoring the Father
Willis sound to the organ. The Father Willis was rebuilt by Willis
III in about 1930 and radically altered in 1964 when the Father
Willis choir organ was also removed. We have built a new choir organ
to the Father Willis specification (which can be seen in the “porthole” to the left of the Thomas
Jackson designed case in the top picture) and also restored the Father Willis
pipe work to its original voicing.
The Harrison console has been retained along with the electric action which we modernised with Solid State. This was part of the cleaning overhaul and renovation of the organ which we carried out in 1995.
Pipe work: a=Father Willis b=Willis III c=Harrison d=Bower & Company