Only four stops and the case remain of this Bryceson chamber organ
once in Blakeney church which was rebuilt in Cley by Norman & Beard
around 1900 – it was a second rate rebuilding using parts from their
stock to provide a three stop swell organ and seven stop great, one
of which was a 13 note 16 ft. Bourdon; their 13 note pedalboard had just
swell to pedal and great to pedal. Their layout was ridiculous, the
faceboards facing each other with no space between.
moved the swell organ backwards and added the mixture and cornet to
the great and the trumpet and fifteenth to the swell by fitting clamps
to the N & B soundboards and by adding a new pedal soundboard and
placing the Bourdon here adding 17 new pipes and a new mechanical action
and couplers. The swell was balanced, the harmonic flute made into a
rohr flute, and new stop knobs of snakewood made and engraved to match
the existing. We also restored the casework and made the backwards extension
attractive by extending the gothic crenulations.