Back          
St. Mary the Virgin, Ashby St. Mary
After  restoration
Specification
Manual
Open Diapason 8
Wald Flute Treble 8
Keraulophon 8
Stopped Diapason Bass 8
Principal 4
Fifteenth 2
Pedal
Compass-low GG
Compass-high d
Keys 20
Accessories
Trigger Swell pedal
   

The organ is marked “REBUILT BY J.W.Walker LONDON 1866” and has a GG – e manual compass with no GG# and a GG – D permanently coupled pedalboard. The console is that of Walker of 1866, the compass probably more likely from around 1830-40. Walker had given the organ casework a fashionable oak graining – we were amazed to find mahogany underneath. As Walker had altered so much the decision was to restore to the 1866 form but restore the case to its original mahogany.

Top